Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Writing this first post of 2015 makes me think of cracking open a new sketchbook and feeling that excitement and anxiety of just starting. I like that feeling of beginning, but it can also be terrifying. Where do you start?  Every new year I want to press an imaginary reset button on myself, so while I'm home enjoying every bit of family and sun in California I've been thinking of ways I can keep motivated, start fresh and keep it up throughout the year.


Here are a few things that are pushing me in positive ways:
+ Trying daily planner pages from Day Designer. You can download a free planner page. I tried it out and like it.
+ What It Really Takes to be an Artist from MacArthur Genius Teresita Fernandez. Very real talk about making art.
+ I know that our environment influences our behavior, so I'm itching to get home and change up my space a bit, so maybe I can form better, more productive habits.
+ Incredibly honest and inspiring words to get you making - Molly Crabapple's 15 rules for creative success in the Internet age 

Any tips, links or things you guys are using? I'd love to hear!  Here's to 2015 being the best year yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...